Thursday, February 24, 2011

Turbo Jam Thursday

So I was setting up a blog about Praha, but my blogger is not allowing me to upload pictures at this time. I will thus, do this tomorrow during lunch or after work. Until then I will mention ten things about daily life as Amanda.

1. I have decided that Pampers are the best diapers for Day Care workers. Reasons being: I don't know how much the cost is comparatively, so that affects me not. They pull over the hip easily because they have a stretchy layer within. Also, they have Sesame Street characters on them and the colors are the most vibrant of all the diapers I have seen.

2. Today I had to help hold down a kid so that we could change his diaper. The diaper soreness was so bad that it hurt his little behind. I felt really bad, and I also had to do it twice yesterday. He is also the smartest little boy. He speaks with clarity. I can see his mind soaking up words as I teach him. He asks me to read books and he doesn't turn the page before i finish reading it. I have been in his room for the past week. I will miss him when I am no longer in Germany.

3. Wednesdays can sometimes be the water to my soul.

4. Skyping with Rebekah Justice. Love that.

5. I constantly think there is a dog in the house I live in. This is a new realization. I will set something down for a quick second, and always think, "oh, Junk! The dog is going to get that." There is no dog.

6. There is a park on the way to work. I already told you this, but I still stop to play on it sometimes.

7. Turbo jam is my new lunch time activity. Twenty to thirty minutes depending on how much time I have. No time like the present to develop a habit. I do miss turbo jam with Brittini and Lana though.

8. I am in major need (read: want) some of my American shampoo. My scalp is talking a beating. Tee Tree Oil, will you rescue me?

9. There is a lot of Oprah on AFN. Which BTW has a lot of no commercials. As in, all of the commercials have to do with military and military life in Germany.

10. I spend another portion of my life thinking about my life. Things that have happened and things that will happen. Things I want and things I think I have to do. Where is my life headed? What will life bring when I leave the fair country of Germany? I am turning 21 sooner rather than later, and I wonder what that will bring me. I miss some people a lot and I miss other people a bunch. I wonder how things are getting along while I am here. I wonder about the floating options of life that are taking place around me. I think, and I think a whole lot. I think a lot of things a lot of the time. Thinking Thinking Thinking.


And then... I rest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss funny AFN commercials haha. You need to find someone to take you to the commissary or BX to buy shampoo! Someone will totally help you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Wednesdays can be the water to your soul ... hey lets get that study started next week if you can ... I think that will water your soul even more ... oh want to lead youth group in a few weeks? That would be cool too.

    ReplyDelete