Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Barney is a dinosaur... Tuesday 8 February 2011

How is it that February is already here?

I am so excited about my life right now.

I have a job where I get to hang out with a bunch of kids everyday, and I get to meet fun adults who are at so many different places in their lives.

As of yesterday I have been in every room in building 800 and after Friday I will have been assigned in every room for an extended period of time. I have now spent one on one time with at least 75 kids. Sure, there are rooms I prefer to go to, and there are kids who hit a different spot in my heart, but I love my building and I really like those kids.

I think one of my favorite times of the day are when I get to interact with parents. I like when a parent walks through the door and I get to say, "Hey! It's "so-and-so's" parents!" I think it let's the parents know that we care about their kids.

Well, I am heading back from my lunch break. I'll be in an infant room for the rest of the afternoon. This room holds the cutest boy baby I have ever seen. he may not necessarily be my favorite, he is up there, but he is hands down the cutest. Do you think parents feel superior when they know their kid is cute? I often wonder about that. What if my kid is cute. What would I say?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous, I was NEVER in the baby rooms, I was with the same pre-schoolers every single day/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like moving around, but some of my room mates really want to get in the same room every time.

    ReplyDelete