Friday, February 25, 2011

Praha 18-21 February 2011

I will start this with, all of the pictures came from my room mate Sarah to whom I am grateful.


So I went to Prague, which is in the Czech Republic. (Not to be confused with Czechoslovakia, which no longer exists, but is a more fun word to say.)

We rode a CNL (city night line) train from Heidelberg to Praha. I slept great, which is a good thing, because it took like ten hours. It was such a long time. A very long time. Longer than planned. Two hours longer. It was okay though, because our AWESOME hostel made up for it.

When we arrived at the Mosaic House we were planning to see if we could check in early. We were to check in at three and when we arrived it was closer to 11:00 am. Turns out the all female 8 bed hostel rooms we booked we unavailable and we were therefore upgraded to two double rooms with twin beds and no extra cost. The rooms were beautiful. Really Really beautiful. I didn't have to lock up my passport or any of my important things, because I just shared space with Alyssa instead of 2-4 unknown traveling strangers from across the globe.

After we spent some time unpacking, showering and relaxing we decided to find some Czech food.

This night, I was drinking a tiny Fanta. It cost me like 65 koruna (Crowns).

Our total bill cost 877!

Later that night we went out for ice cream. Lindsey and I got the same flavor. I am not exactly sure what flavor it was. I went for something that looked interesting. Lindsey said she thought it was an alcohol flavor. I'm unsure.

That night we went to the hang out area in the hostel. Then the girls went out with the interesting Slovakian people we met, but I just went to bed.

The next morning we went out for the "see all the tourism things" time, and I had a map.


.The Charles Bridge.
At this point in the pictures we were very, very cold.
Praha...

Snap shots of Amanda.


Snap shots with my room mates.


And this is the snake bread. That's what I called it at least. I don't know if it had a real name, but it was good. Had some cinnamon on it.

The last thing we did on that day was go see the John Lennon wall.
It constantly changes, but this is what it looked like on Sunday 20 February 2011.



I took a picture by it. Which was a fun idea.

Lastly, I took one picture on my camera. It was when we were in the compartments that made me feel like I was in a Harry Potter movie!

Gosh, this blog wasn't that great.

Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment