Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trier Saturday 5 February 2011

So I went to Trier


I went by way of Train with Alyssa, Sarah, and Bob.

I was as excited as I look. The train was fun. Bob keeping the hour plus trip fun with conversations about nuclear weapons and fire dancing.

Sarah and Alyssa were sitting together for most of the trip as well. Sarah was attempting sleep too. Which was probably hard since I was taking blackmail picture in a Danny like fashion.


So, when we arrived in Trier we went to the Porta Negra. This is, if I understand it correctly, basically just the entrance to the city. It's cool because it is old. I like looking at cool old stuff. I just don't care to have a ton of pictures of them. I'd rather climb on top of it. How fun would that be. Beautiful and classic though.

How fun, a town.
I made my way into a really old book store. This may be a souvenir I purchase. An old German book.
Cathedrals... they are all over Europe.

I did like the prayer candles. Possibly this is a Catholic thing. For how smart people think I am, there are a LOT of things I just don't know. Whatever kind of tradition it is I was glad to participate. Prayer is something I have needed to do a lot of lately.

I lit one for you too...
I don't think you read my blog,
just know I'm keeping you in my prayers.
And... I think I look like I am about to go on a hike. I was happy to have my Camel Back here though, because the people who were with me continued to say how thirsty they were. Don't worry, I offered water, but some people were sick and didn't want to risk germing things up.
This building, I did see a photographer there, and I was thinking, it would be a beautiful location for engagement pictures. The only problem is that in Europe, it is always so overcast that colors do not stand out. Maybe this is seasonal, but I have pumped up the color in all of my pictures... not going to lie.
When I doubled back I took a picture of the outside of the book store.

Note the lady in front.
Accordion guy...
Center of Trier... I'd call it an outdoor mall... but not a strip mall... more like outlets, but the stores weren't outlets...
.Sign infatuation.
A regular book store that I didn't walk into... possibly regret that... possibly go back for that.
More sign infatuation...
I was really excited about this home decor store. I want to note that these bull dogs cost about 37 Euro which is at least $45.
Bratwurst. Sooooo good. I want to go back just for that.
Also, I really like my crazy hair in this picture.

This is the backside of the Porta Nigra. A building, cool, but I'm not a huge fan of building pictures. I more like to see a building with my eyes.
This ambulance drove by us, and i felt like i was in the Bourne Identiy. This is because the siren was wizzing by, but the only other time I have heard the European siren was when watching that movie.
Here is another sign for me to enjoy. Truly, I just think the pictures on German signs are super fun.


When we missed our connecting train we decided to spend the hour waiting for the next one in this mall getting some ice cream. Might I point out the presentation of the ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment