Sunday, February 13, 2011

Heidelberg Saturday 12 February 2011


So I went to Heidelberg on Saturday with all of the interns.

We took another train, and we only had to make one change.
(Oh, and we also had to run to the front of the train, because the train split at one stop, fun times.)

I want to include this picture purely for it's extreme awkwardness!
Note the sign above says no loud music and no feet on the seats. I was doing one of those, Bob was doing two. Rebels; no cause.
The train station had this fruit stand. Note that it is a Chiquita fruit bar. Like the banana...

Well... I thought it was cool...
Outside the station there were a million bikes.
Yes, Amanda would move to Europe just for the train, bike, bus, etcetera... transportation that is all over.
Cool sculpture... enough said.
So we made it to Heidelberg and stopped in a chocolate shop. There I had dark hot chocolate, and it wouldn't surprise me if the woman just melted a chocolate bar into a cup, that's how rich it was.
We went into another Catholic Church. I almost bought this German bible. It was something like 3 Euro .50, but I didn't but it.
Next was the castle.
P.S. It was a ten minute walk.....

UP THIS INCLINE!!!!!!!
HERE IS THE CASTLE!
One of the few spots that looked like a castle to me.
We took some really cool pictures in this arch before a German lady came screaming out for us to get off. Probably a smart choice, because it was like a 50 foot drop out the window and one trip could lead to death.
Snail... I just like the picture.
Gosh, I stole this picture from Sarah, because it is just so good. I think she edited it.
All of the other interns.


P.S. ... look at this.
later that night the above pictured when to the K-Club. I wanted to type it K-Klub. It was referred to as the Kwanza club. Nope... not a black holiday Club... it was the Kazabra Club. No clue where the name comes from. On Saturday nights it western dancing night. Line dances and such. I wish I knew some line dances. I was asked to dance a two step. Did it. Pretty sure the guy asked me since he had just danced with my room mate, but whatever, I wanted to learn the moves. Later I did do some easier line dances, and this circle barn dance thing that was kind of fun. I am glad I decided to go with my room mates though. I would like to have some memories with them.

Now it's Valentine's Day. Some of the kids are wearing Valentine's clothing today.

I read out on our balcony for the first time today on my lunch break. Well worth it.

Okay. I'm done. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment