Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paris Saturday 29 January 2011

So I went to Paris.


After a six hour bus ride from Germany to France, and an hour drive around Paris, and a stop at the Eiffel Tower for photos, we got off the bus and wondered through the city for almost 9 hours.

For those of you that don't know, I am a big fan of weird sculptures.


One of the first things we did was stop off in a french cafe to pick up some pastries.




All over the city they have these bike racks, where you can rent these bikes and return them to an location. This, Amanda thinks, is extremely cool. Does Springfield want to get in on this?


Plenty of people were out with their dogs. I think there must be some rule in Paris though that if you have one dog you have to have two. Always in pairs.


The Louvre was fun, but check out this sign. One minute... really! HA!

I am not an art major. Is this obvious? I am totally more interested in this kid sneaking around the sculpture than the sculpture itself.


(Though, I am a huge fan of sculptures... it's just that the weirder the better)

I have pictures of buildings in mass, so I will only include a few select beautiful pictures of buildings I actually know what they are. This is the louvre. Beautiful.




The African Art section had a few interesting pieces!




Again, Amanda loves signs... look at that top sign. It is an intense construction guy. The details in Europe, I like them.


I want this moped. The transportation decisions in Paris I can get on board with. (The no public toilets, even in some restaurants, though, I cannot)


Notre Dame! By this point I was so very very tired, and I had to pee, and I was hungry, but that door deserves pictures.


In my mind, when we went to eat, I may be able to find a wash closet... false. No assumptions in Paris.

The food was pretty good. The waiter made me realize that I want to pick french back up again. Being in Paris, really reminded me of that. It is a beautiful language, and it was nice using some french there. Bob, the guy intern, knows more than I remember, and I was semi jealous when he could have conversations with french people that I could not.


P.S. No one ever shows this angle of the tower. Possible it's not the most ideal, but there is something I like about really being able to see the size compared to other buildings and such.


The Eiffel Tower. Now I can say I have been there.


So Pretty at night.


Here you go, a shortish video of the sparkling tower!


2 comments:

  1. Can't tell you how much I wish the five of us were there with you!!! Those french pastries put me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous and so happy for you!!! That is SO COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete