Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So, it's summer....

At least today it was.

Remember when it was the middle of summer and you saw a {fire truck, ice cream truck, cop, sketchy van, man in a dress on roller blades} and you had all the time in the world so you and you [friends or siblings] decided to chase them down and see what they were up to? Well, that happened today.

All the kids were out.

P.S. Where did these kids come from. The streets around my house have looked like something out of Zombi-land, but today the kids are running free. It may have something to do with the nice weather and the fact that they didn't have school for Fat Tuesday.

They were chasing a fire truck.

When I walked into MY park, there was an actual child playing there.
Who does he think he is? He would have been less creeper if upon seeing me for the first time he didn't run out of the park.

I smelled the smells of something that smelled GREAT!

The weather was beautiful. It felt like summer's in Belle Chase at 101 Zeta street, or summers in the Springs at 6755 C Pahokee Ct.

Running around without a care in the world. Meeting up with my friends, making decisions and feeling grown. We would ride bikes and see friends not normally seen out of school.

Yeah...

Summer.

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to summer! I remember summers at both of those places - kinda miss having my girls around to chase trucks down! I love you, Boo! Mom

    ReplyDelete