Sunday, April 3, 2011

London, England. Dream fulfilled.

So I went to London. You know. That place in England. Highlight, Harry Potter; other highlight, small children speaking in British accents! Love Love Love. How do I go about having a child with a British accent? Do you think I could accomplish that?


Moving forward into real life. This is me looking very stoked about going to London. Also stoked about the 13 hour bus ride that will include a 2 hour ferry from France to the United Kingdom. ... or something like that.

So, passports stamped for entry.

Bob was very wide awake for this part.

We had a one hour wait on the way there for the ferry to deport.
So we took some pictures.
... and played with the giant bubbles that were floating around. For video of children playing, inquire within.
By this time, we had ridden about 9 hours on a bus. I was now waking up from a one hour sleep on a ferry. I was very alert. Notice my wonderful dressing abilities at this point in the trip!

Yes, we did eventually reach London. We had 12 hours to do whatever.
Pretty sure the first thing I did was jump in this phone booth and hope it lead to the Ministry of Magic.
The second thing I did was spot my sir name written on a statue. Cool, right?
The Olympics are in London in 2012. The big question. "Will there be Quidditch?"


Remember, they drive on the other side of the road. There were a LOT of signs and notations informing people of which way they should look to avoid dying in the streets of London.
Okay. Now to the first thing we did, and the thing I would go back and do if I lived in London, we visited St. James Park. BEAUTIFUL. It is right in front of the Palace, but whatever. (For those of you who actually know me, you know that tourism things tend to annoy me to pieces, because there are so many people, there are people confusing other people to scam them out of money, and the typical reason I would be there would just be to say I had been there.) This park was gorgeous. There were all types of flowers all over this park unlike anything I had seen before. People were running in London throughout the entire day, but many people were running in this park. Birds were EVERYWHERE. All over the place, all types of birds. I even saw a swan. I would love to be a Brit. They are lovely people, and they have lovely parks! Well, I am proud to be an American, but maybe a duel citizen... that'd be pretty cool!

Bird.
Flower.
Fountain.
Duck. (and by Duck I mean bird that isn't actually a duck, but I don't remember what it was really called)
Palace?! Where?
Nevermind. I saw some more water fowl. I will get to that palace later.

Okay, this is the palace. Looks real palace like right?

Cool thing. We walked along the St. James Park some more, and we spotted some guards practicing. It was pretty cool to see them do a lot of stomping and walking in formation. It was obviously a training sort of mission, because they kept stopping to fix mistakes and point out small errors.

This guy!
Again, "Don't die in London. We will help you with this convenient signage."
Big Ben. Eye of London.
Now this, was very interesting. It was a silent protest, with lots of signs and tents and messages. The Brits apparently don't like the was ver much.


Below is a picture of the British Book store where I purchased my very own British copies of Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Dream..... Come..... True....


This lady... she built a table.
See this bridge.... Recognize it from a little movie called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?
Globe Theatre remake....
London Bridge "is falling down".
Highlight of day... pictured here. The Millennium bridge!




I don't want to talk about how lost I felt pre this McDonalds trip. Post trip I had a Cadbury egg McFlurry. Wicked weird.
Note the stress.
Took my hair down and opened a book. Long Long Long day. Worth every stressful moment and Dollar, Euro, and Pound spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment